Re: [pygame] Pygame Subset for Android 0.9.1

On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 6:30 AM, Tom Rothamel <tom@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> After taking a break for the holidays, I have released version 0.9.1 of the
> Pygame Subset for Android, which makes some of Pygame's functionality
> available on Android devices. This release adds support for packaging
> applications, and is the first release to be made available on the Android
> Market.
Nice, I've installed it on a samsung galaxy and it runs without any problems.
I've ported some code I developed for a company (puzzle game) and it runs fast
enough. The only thing is that one has to refactor the code so that you don't
put large data chunks on the internal sd card, different file system layout etc.
Also I didn't try to play audio but overall it's a very nice piece of work :-)

I have the following questions:
Do we discuss pysubset here or is there a dedicated ML ?

Do you plan on providing some "cookbook" for code samples and examples ?
I suspect we run into problems that would have some common solutions and
it would be nice to post them somewhere.

The python module Configparser isn't included, is it possible to include
it ?

Is there support for the android sqlite dbase ?

Regards,
Stas Zytkiewicz

--
Free-source educational programs for schools
http://www.schoolsplay.org ; and http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Schoolsplay