Re: SOLVED ... Re: [pygame] Python 2.7 with pygame on Mac Sierra (10.12.2)

On 10 January 2017 at 00:25, René Dudfield <renesd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I did have 32bit builds 'working' previously. I'm looking into how this works now, and why this was removed?

IIRC, some of the libraries we install from Homebrew did not offer a universal build. I think there may have been some other issues too that cleared up when we stopped trying to build 32-bit extensions.

> since I know of at least a few classrooms still using old 32bit macs

Do those old macs have OSX 10.9 or newer installed? Those are the only versions our wheels work with in any case. Even that relies on an undocumented Travis image which will be retired later this month; after that the wheel builds will be for >= 10.10.