Re: [pygame] Pygame 1.9.3?

On 11 January 2017 at 11:07, René Dudfield <renesd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Ah ok, cool. I thought you mentioned 32bit wheels didn't work because of something related to wheels. I'm working on getting the fixes upstreamed for 32bit. fluidsynth is the biggest one.

There is one annoying detail that's specific to wheels: because of the way pip deals with 'fat' binaries on OSX, we need to tell it that our x64-only wheels are x86+x64 (with the 'intel' tag), otherwise it won't try to install them even where they do work. So if people with 32-bit-only Python install it with pip, it will get installed and then fail to load with an unhelpful error, rather than trying to install from source.

Thomas