Re: [pygame] interaction with Tkinter

Hello Andrew,

Monday, July 8, 2002, 7:34:38 AM, you wrote:
> I've been tracking down what I think is a bug. I haven't delved into the
> internals of pygame yet, but after pygame has opened the display and
> then quit, Tkinter doesn't work properly. In the following example,
> Tkinter doesn't draw anything visible on the screen, enters "mainloop",
> and then never exits (until control-c).  This happens on win32 (windows
> 200 pro) and mac os x, but it works fine on linux.  Here's a simple
> program which exhibits the bug:

I wonder if this is the same bug I've been experiencing with IDLE
(which is Tkinter based). IDLE freezes after pygame.quit() on Windows
XP and I've found a funny work-around: if I right-click one of the
IDLE entry in the windows taskbar it unfreezes. I haven't found any
other way to unfreeze it, my guess being that Windows is sending the
right event in that case.

--
Marc Schefer - codexus@codexus.com