[pygame] OpenGL AND Pygmae Sprites on the same display???

I've been confusing myself checking out the PyOpenGL and PYGame docs...

Is it one or the other? Or is there some way to allocate python surfaces and then "magically" (magically because I can't figure out how to do it. :) ) blit them to the relevant OPENGL surfaces?

Assuming this is possible, am I being realistic in expecting Pygame to be able to handle rendering primitives and moderate textures to openGL and having semi transparant sprites in the forground? I'm about to sleep after hour 36, so forgive me if none of this makes any sense...

- a