Re: [pygame] sound stuff for ludumdare

Rene Dudfield wrote:
> oops.  ten minutes after I posted I found the
> set_volume function on channels can take stereo values :)

yep, for an example, you can peek in solarwolf, it does some sound
panning based on where the sound source is on the screen. (see the
snd.py for an easy way to do it)

you cannot load Sound objects from anything but WAV. (actually, i
think it can do WAV and VOC). for now if you want to save space, you
could keep the sounds inside a zip file and load them directly from
that. there's a PCR entry that shows how to do simple work on zipfiles.

the next SDL_mixer release will have support for loading sounds from
any type of file the music can read. so one day this will work,
it'll be awhile though.

here's the simple PCR entry for zipfiles, it shows how to load
images from a zip, but sounds will work the same way.
http://www.pygame.org/pcr/submissions/06032002a.html