Re: [pygame] Excellent Python Gaming Article

> > > On this list, or in the article? (Just curious.)
> >
> > In your response :)
>
> Err... I didn't recall saying anything about OpenGL...

Well, whatever :)

> Anyway, I have long put off learning to use OpenGL/PyOpenGL, but I
> have downloaded it now and am playing with it. Great fun.

What are you making with it? Learning it is on the long long list of
things to do for me...

> > I'm wondering if it is possible to build anything reasonable with
> > OpenGL in a scripting language. (I'm creating RUDL)
>
> I wouldn't be surprised. I think the speed problem may not be as
> insurmountable as one might think (depending on the application, of
> course).

Will it render Wolfenstein, Doom or Quake? :)

> > > I don't really know that myself -- I just assumed it :)
> >
> > They seemed to be a budget kind of company, so I assumed 2D :)
>
> Yeah, I think you're right, actually.

A few of their old educational kids games were very good. Well, I enjoyed
myself with Putt Putt and his adventures anyway :)) Those games could
easily be made with Pygame nowadays...

Danny