[pygame] PyUI problem

Hi, I've been stuck with a game I'm writing cause of the boring menu
programming put me off, so I decided to try pyui and it really seem to
rock but I cant get it to work correctly. I've gotten it to work but
there are some problems that I need to work out before I can use it.
I'm using win98 Activestate Python 2.2.1 pygame 1.5, Python Imaging
Library (the version pyppm installs) and  pyui 0.91 .

The test examples work but the widget images don't show, all png images
get the following error:

'Unable to load C:\Python22\Lib\site-packages/images/list.png with
encoder RGBA'

Also there are text flowing outside there widgets and when running in
2d  mode the following problems
occur:

'Couldn't find arial.ttf - resorting to default font
libpng warning: Incomplete compressed datastream in iCCP chunk
libpng warning: Profile size field missing from iCCP chunk'

The font used in 2d mode becomes to small to read and the main window
cant be closed and escape is the only way to exit.
The image problems seams to be a Python Imaging Library error.
When installing pyui I just copied the pyui and images dirs to
C:\Python22\Lib\site-packages

Example screenshots can be found at:
http://www.algonet.se/~tomten/turb/pyui_gl.png
http://www.algonet.se/~tomten/turb/pyui_2d.png

I really want to get pyui working as it's exactly what I want.

Cheers,
Fredrik