Re: [pygame] Where to next?

On Thu, Jul 10, 2003 at 01:47:35PM -0400, SB wrote:
> One thing I think pygame could use would be a behind-the-scenes z-axis
> implementation.  I see questions on IRC quite often regarding this.  I
> think people (especially newbies) have a more intuitive grasp of z-axis
> than groups.
>
> I'm sure there could be some way to implement it by making multiple
> groups behind-the-scenes.
>
> Another thing I thought of today is if two sprites overlap, and one
> clicks on the overlapping part, it might be a nice feature to specify
> some function to check if the sprite was the highest sprite at that
> point.

I would really like to have a nice Canvas library, preferably extensible and
optionally using OpenGL. Maybe it is implemented already? (PygSear)

Anyway, I made up my own attempt, more or less compatible with TkInter
canvas - but it's slow and non-GL

It allows for selecting between overlapping sprites with mouse :)

Guess I should post it someday :-/

Jarda

--
GCM/IT d- s:+ a- C++(+++) ULOI++++$ P++ L+++>++++ E+ W++
N w--- PS+ PE++ Y+ PGP R+ tv- b+++ D+ e+++ y+