Re: [pygame] Where to next?

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003, Jan Ekholm wrote:

> On Mon, 21 Jul 2003, Jasper Phillips wrote:
>
> >PS My perspective is that of a self employed game developer, working on
> >a turn based strategy game.  At some point I want to open source parts of
> >my framework, and it would be cool if there was a good place to contribute
> >them.
>
> What game are you working on?

A turn based fantasy conquest game. Some highlights:
  Simultaneous turn processing, and Network play
  historical/realistic combat
  story/plot/event integration
  full featured setup and victory conditions
  non-traditional resource/production/trade model
  complex fog of war
  offbeat magic and research system
  Limits on growth and number of units to avoid late game micromanagement
  modular design, and open architecture

Much of this is subject to change of course, as I've only just started on the
game specific programming, having spent my time so far on game design and
underlying architecture.  I believe in an "XP" style of programming as well
as game design.

In general it has more of a simulation feel that many similar games, with a
conscious effort to deal with (IMHO) shortcomings common in the genre,  In
particular I think other games have failled to learn from similar board and
miniature games.

-Jasper
Brass Golem Games