Re: [pygame] mirra 0.2.5

kschnee@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Mirra looks interesting, but I can't get it to work. I have Python 2.3 and
Pygame installed, along with PIL. The code complained repeatedly about not
having GLUT available, eg.:

My email said that Mirra is based on pyOpenGL and it can optionally be used as well under pygame or WxPython. So the default system to open the window and manage the events is GLUT which is built in on OpenGL. Check the documentation for more detailed info.

File "C:\Python\mirra0.2.5.4\mirra\graphics.py", line 84, in __init__
self.q = gluNewQuadric() # because if i do it as global there is an error
on osx and linux, therefore it is a prop
NameError: global name 'gluNewQuadric' is not defined

I commented out various references to GLUT and to wxPython; I had to do
the latter because otherwise, gui.py gives an error from trying to define
"class MyFrame(wxFrame)".

i think this is because it requieres the latest version of wxpython.

Even so I can't make even the demo
"example6pygame" work. Was this tested on a machine without GLUT or
wxPython installed? As written it seems to require all three systems just
to compile, rather than any-of-them.

It wont work unless pyopengl is installed in the machine. The others (wxpython and pygame) are optional.

By the way, how do you do that trick of importing .py modules from a
subdirectory of your main code? (ie. "main.py" in C:\Foo imports files
from C:\Foo\Clutter.) I haven't been able to duplicate it.

Kris
Still displaying the game world in ASCII. =p

--
altern