Re: [pygame] OpenGL performance in pygame vs glut

Simon Wittber wrote:
Lately i have been doing some performance tests in Pygame, GLUT and
wxpython, with Mirra framework. My results
show that GLUT has the poorer performance and this is quite irregular.
Wxpython was slightly better than pygame and both much more regular than
glut. But later lests shown that Wxpython was actually pretty irregular
as well (?).

What exactly are you testing? Some test code would be helpful.

difficult. it is a pretty big thing.
I am just drawing ~hundred of 2D shapes that blend against the ones behind. I am calculating the fps to measure performance. The fps is set to 35fps but with many objects being drawn it drops.

Sw.

--
altern