Re: [pygame] mirra 0.2.5

kschnee@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
So to run Mirra you do need PyopenGL and PIL and then optionaly you need
pygame and/or wxPython.

OK, I have PyOpenGL and PIL and Pygame installed. Result of running
"example6pygame":
[
no OpenGL found
ImportError in Mirra : no python opengl found in your system. we cannot
make graphics!
ImportError in Mirra : no wxpython found. No problem unless you set env to
wx in setUp())
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Python\mirra0.2.5.4\example6pygame.py", line 3, in ?
    from mirra import main
  File "C:\Python\mirra0.2.5.4\mirra\__init__.py", line 27, in ?
    from main import *
  File "C:\Python\mirra0.2.5.4\mirra\main.py", line 85, in ?
    class WxWindow(Window, wx.App):
NameError: name 'wx' is not defined
]

The "no OpenGL found" line comes from graphics.py:
[
try :
    from OpenGL.GLUT import *
    from OpenGL.GLU import *
    from OpenGL.GL import *
except ImportError:
    print "no OpenGL found"
]

In other words, it seems to fail if you don't have GLUT installed in
addition to everything else, even for a Pygame-based example, even though
OpenGL itself is installed and working.

If you have installed PyopenGL then (python)GLUT should be there.
are you on windows?
I remember that I had some problem like this a year ago when I was running window and i had to find and copy GLUT.dll in some windows folder. I think some versions of windows dont have GLUT installed by default. I think that on osx and linux it comes properly installed.
That it is something that scapes me. Maybe someone else on the list had similar experiences and knows some solution? Otherwise maybe there are some hints here http://pyopengl.sourceforge.net/

What do I need to do to make the example programs work?

Thanks for any advice,

Kris

--
altern