Re: [pygame] Pygame-only competition / PAX

On Thu, 7 Jul 2005 09:23 am, Atul Varma wrote:
> On 7/6/05, Shandy Brown <sjbrown@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Well one thing that collides is the Penny Arcade Expo, Aug 26-28.  Is
> > anyone else going to that?  It'd be cool to meet up with fellow
> > pythonistas.
>
> Yep, I'll be there, and it would be pretty cool to meet up with fellow
> pygamers.

Hey, if someone wants to fly me over, I'd love to meet up :)

> Hmm, you know, with these 48-hour game development competitions going
> on, it'd be kinda neat to see a 48-hour game dev competition go on at
> PAX, although the massive downside would be that the developers
> wouldn't actually have any time to enjoy PAX. :)

Just note that the PyWeek comp is a *week long* comp, not a 48-hour one. The
intention is that people can put aside a couple of hours a day for a week, as
opposed to the more difficult proposition of putting aside an entire weekend.

> Or a Pygame booth might be an interesting way to gain some publicity
> and build the community too.

Cool idea, but I imagine someone would have to pony up some serious cash for
the booth and equipment rental.

     Richard