Re: 1.7.1 release. Re: [pygame] 1.7 releases?

On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 11:55 am, Rene Dudfield wrote:
> 1.7.1 is the next release.  Below are the steps to make a release, so
> that the different people involved can coordinate it.
> docs/howto_release_pygame.txt in cvs.
>
> The first step is this:
> *  declare next release as coming soon to developers, and mailing list.

This would be announced by the release person: do we have a release person for
1.7.1?

> Get in any changes that haven't made it into the last release.
> Soon(about a week) there will be a freeze on non bug fixes.

And changes are still submitted as indicated on
http://www.pygame.org/cvs.html ?

Your release steps look good, though I don't think it's clear what the trigger
is for a new rc. I assume a new rc is only generated if there's a problem
with a prior rc. If there's no problems with an rc, it's re-tagged with the
final release tag?

    Richard