Re: [pygame] Embedding pygame into wxPython

Hi

Am 10.07.2006 17:05:53 schrieb Peter Shinners:

> On windows, when you set the SDL_WINDOWID environment variable. Also set
> SDL_VIDEODRIVER to "windib". The directx backend crashes pretty good
> when embedded. I think the newest of the new SDL's defaults to windib
> instead of directx. I think it was generally agreed apon that the
> directx mode (using directx 5) was a bit crusty.

Well in the example, I've send in the last mail I had set
SDL_VIDEODRIVER to windib. On W2k its default is windib, on XP it is
directx and that crashes with another error.
Btw I'm using directx 9c on W2k and XP.

And I've found another problem related the one above.

When I create with py2exe an executable out of the script from my first
mail and using pygame 1.6 and python 2.3.5, the programm crashes on XP
and W2k with a message box:
"MS Visual C++ Runtime Library" - "This application has requested the
Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way...."

The problem is the line "pygame.display.setmode(...)" - if I remove it,
the executable doesn't crash - on XP and W2k.

If I create the executable with pygame 1.7 and python 2.4.2 it works on
XP and W2k.

I've used py2exe 0.6.5 in both cases.

I'd like to test it with pygame 1.7 on python 2.3.5, but ...

I need python 2.3 because I use another module, that's only avaible for
python 2.3

cu boesi