Re: [pygame] Embedding pygame into wxPython

Darn, I had that error before too, in Pygame, I wish I could recall what caused that to happen! It was something totally unexpected.... I think it was this: I had to wrap the environ variables up in an if statement, because otherwise it would crash my Mac:

    if sys.platform == 'win32':
        os.environ['SDL_VIDEO_WINDOW_POS'] = '3,23'
        os.environ['SDL_VIDEODRIVER'] = 'windib'

Anyways, try commenting out your environ variable settings, see if that helps... thought that might get you the 'DirectX' engine on older versions of Pygame.

--Kamilche