Re: [pygame] ODE-ctpyes binding

On 7/14/06, Adam <adam.jtm30@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
What's wrong with PyODE?

Well, I found it doesn't cover the entire ODE API, and adding a function means editing the pyrex source and recompiling. This also means I need to maintain and distribute my own PyODE, which I would rather not do.

If I use ctypes, I can use the prebuilt ODE binaries, and add any
missing functions to a .py file very quickly.

Having said the above, after implementing enough of ODE to run the
PyODE tutorials, I've found that some operations really need to be
written in C (or Pyrex) for performance reasons. (Particularly the
collission / contact joint creation loop). I'm now reevaluating my
approach.

-Sw.