Re: [pygame] Use of PyScheme for game projects

Good suggestions,
although now that I've done a bit more research on LISP-like languages, I've decided against any attempts to make Scheme look more Pythonic.

Thanks!

On 7/16/06, Bob Ippolito <bob@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Jul 15, 2006, at 10:15 PM, andrew baker wrote:

> I've been pondering alternative methods to allowing unknown persons
> to submit game code in my game engine, e.g. player created levels,
> characters, monsters and items, but of course sandboxing Python
> code is nontrivial.  I've hit upon using a Scheme interpreter in
> Python to potentially solve this problem, with a possible variation
> on parsing to make the Scheme code appear more Pythonic.  Has
> anyone had similar success or failure or a better understanding of
> Scheme than me who explain why this is A) awesome or B) teh suck.
>
> And, yes, I know how daft it may seem to embed another interpreted
> language inside an interpreted language, but I'm expecting rather
> small Scheme patterns, and Python in its current state simply
> cannot be sandboxed, and I think I might actually hate C++. :D

If you want to use a language with a familiar syntax to users I'd
probably lean towards embedding the SpiderMonkey _javascript_
implementation, rather than trying to make Scheme look like Python.

-bob

--
Andrew Ulysses Baker
"failrate"