RE: [pygame] Growing Pygame

I just added a very simple font manager class to the cookbook.  Nothing fancy by a long shot.  Just something that I've written that could be generally useful.  I wanted to help get the cookbook rolling!  You can save this to a file and import it as a module, or run it and see a quick demo.

http://www.pygame.org/wiki/SimpleFontManager?parent=CookBook

Oh, for those who are going to be adding to the cookbook, when you paste your script between the <code> tags, make sure the code uses spaces instead of tabs.  That snagged me.  Tabs are lost when copy/pasted from the web page to your editor (at least on WinXP with Opera).  It looks fine on the web, but doesn't copy/paste properly.

Have at it, all!

-Scott

I've gone ahead and added a top-level link to this wiki page as well as mentioned it in the news area of the site.

I think over time we can see how this section evolves, and once that becomes more apparent we can think about other data storage mechanisms (other than the wiki).  But for now I think this is a great way to let it evolve naturally.

I for one will be adding a few of my own snippets!

Phil