Re: [pygame] Using PyOpenGL for 2D graphics

>> I'd like to see what your test was that ran slower in opengl than sdl.
>> Everything I've done has ran 100-300 fps in opengl versus 40-60fps being
>>  about the max  I've EVER seen SDL run anything.

I loaded up the "rain generator" written by Kamilche and posted here some
time ago, and was startled to see it apparently running at _thousands_ of
FPS. Apparently that's the power of updating only a small part of the
screen per frame, using pygame.display.update([list of dirty rects])
rather than doing the whole screen by omitting the list. For my own needs
I just assumed I needed to redraw the whole screen every frame, but maybe
I can reserve part of the screen for the interface and update that only as
necessary, boosting the framerate some.