[pygame] pygame source compiling

Hi

today I tried to compile svn pygame with mingw for the windows platform. I can not say that I was successful, but at the end I have a working version of pygame 1.8 (thanks to the prebuilt files from: http://johnnypops.demon.co.uk/pygame/index.html ).

Because I have tried to compile every dependency from scratch and got not that far. I think it would be much easier if all dependencies would be in the svn repository, because an serious software development has to do it that way. Either it is to have the correct version of the dependencies so no new errors can occur if you build it ( if you have to hunt all dependencies on the internet, you never will be sure if you got the right version). Or to be able to rebuild old versions (its more unlikely, but you never know). However, I have found some errors:

constants.c: line 124, the line is two times there, causing no harm, but unnecessary

display.c: line 358 is missing a semicolon at the end

scrap_win.c: lines 203, 212, 291: I could not find out where to find the symbol CF_DIBV5, so I commented it out for my version

I have tried the different blend modes using the FastRenderGroup_demo I have written and I got the impression that pygame is somewhat faster (~5-10 fps faster@1000 sprites?).

~DR0ID

@ Rene: I will integrate the FastRenderGroup (actually LayeredUpdates and LayeredDirty and the DirtySprite ) into sprite.py and send it to you in the next days (well until Sunday because afterwards I'm off for 3 weeks).