Re: [pygame] pygame source compiling

DR0ID wrote:
Because I have tried to compile every dependency from scratch and got not that far. I think it would be much easier if all dependencies would be in the svn repository, because an serious software development has to do it that way.

When I used to build the windows stuff, I kept a maintained zip with all the dependencies. These were pretty cool because they had all the additional functionality built into the libraries like SDL_mixer.

Been a long time since I could even build those. It took a ton of work getting everything built into one set of dlls. Ogg, jpeg, zlib, and friends, just to get the SDL libraries going. I also spent the time to make sure everything linked to static dependencies where possible, to keep the amount of additional dll files low.

Getting everything set up takes quite a bit of work. But after that it isn't too bad to update versions of things and rebuild. That was all back with MSVC5. I have no idea how to build windows stuff these days.

You can see my last update was mid 2004. But the file is still there,
http://pygame.org/ftp/win32-dependencies.zip

The config.py stuff on windows will automatically use all those dependencies if it finds the "prebuilt" directory somewhere in a neighboring directory tree.