Re: [pygame] pygame source compiling

Pete said the key thing here:

On 7/11/07, Peter Shinners <pete@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Getting everything set up takes quite a bit of work. But after that it
isn't too bad to update versions of things and rebuild.

so let me propose another way to approach this...

Basically somebody is going to build pygame - they can't do that
without getting the dependencies one way or another. So can the person
who builds the release candidate for windows check in whatever they
built with into some pygame owned subversion repository? So that all
the other windows users can save themselves "quite a bit of work" and
have work that "isn't too bad" instead?

I'm sure there would be a lot of small problems and things to tweak to
start - but it seems to me like a very simple and not at all onerous
way to get something that:
1. captures what is done and works now to make a build.
2. is in a versioned repo so it can be patched and improved over time.
3. is the "official" location for this kind of thing, so people know
where to look to find dependency stuff and if they take some effort to
improve it can push in the same direction