Re: [pygame] pygame source compiling

Brian Fisher <brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Marcus,
 Who is talking about precompiled dependencies? I'm talking about
depenendency sources. I agree that there would be issues with
precomplied dependencies (although I would still argue checking those
in would be btter than nothing) but I think checking in dependency
sources solves those issues.
[...]

How? By magic? Or by patching the build scripts until all seems to work out of the box? The latter I guess and this could be achieved with a separate script and the officially distributed packages. Keeping all the sources in pygame's SVN would be just redundant and cause the issues I already mentioned (maintenance, possible mismatches, etc.).

Regards
Marcus