Re: [pygame] pygame source compiling

hellos,

I've been at europython for the last few days... so haven't been
checking my email all that much.

here's all the notes I've made on compiling with mingw
http://www.pygame.org/wiki/MingW

I think they might be a bit wrong... but it will get you 95% of the way there.

It'd be good to have a download with everything needed to compile
pygame.  Failing that to make the wiki page good enough to be used
easily.  I'd like to help with the effort of either getting the wiki
going, and make the mingw distribution.

Cheers,

On 7/12/07, Sami Hangaslammi <sami.hangaslammi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 7/12/07, James Paige <Bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The whole idea of including dependencies is a *terrible* idea for linux,
> and for any OS with package management -- but it sounds like a *great*
> idea for windows.

Could we at least have a list of all dependencies required for
compiling the source, including some version number that is
"officially" supported and tested? My last attempt at compiling 1.8
was halted by some missing header and lib errors and I had no idea
what library those missing files were supposed to be a part of.

--
Sami Hangaslammi