Re: [pygame] pygame source compiling

mva@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Peter Shinners <pete@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

[...]
The config.py stuff on windows will automatically use all those
dependencies if it finds the "prebuilt" directory somewhere in a
neighboring directory tree.

Which only works with Visual Studio .NET 2003 (Python 2.4 and 2.5 are
compiled with it) as the config_mingw.py script uses the practical pkg-config
magic (sdl-config, etc) and another build routine, which was the problem
DR0ID (and several others) ran and run into. Not anybody can afford to receive a copy of VS.NET 2003 to use it, so the mingw users are lost at the moment and even the Visual Studio setup took me ages to get it working correctly the last time
I tried.

I compile Pygame with MinGW 3.4.5 . To get MinGW to link to msvcr71 (well mostly) I replace "-lmsvcrt" with "-lmsvcr71" on line 54 of the MinGW\lib\gcc\mingw32\3.4.5\specs file. This makes MinGW default to use msvcr17.dll though, so has to be changed back for msvcrt.dll . There is another trick I use to catch non-standard C library routines that start with an underline in VC but not in Unix. I will look at including this information on the Pygame wiki.

--
Lenard Lindstrom
<len-l@xxxxxxxxx>