Re: [pygame] Is pygame-ctypes dead?

mva@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I wonder what happened to the pygame-ctypes project lately. Is the development just stalled
because of not enough time or did the author loose the interest in it?
Some rumors I heard in #pygame were that the author was pretty disappointed of the rather hot discussion we had some time ago (with me and Rene strongly promoting the C version :-).

So what's its current state?

Pygame-ctypes is an awesome project, but it looks like it will never be replacing the standard Pygame package.

Alex Holkner, who did wrote, it has transformed it into a much more ambitious project named Pyglet. This is basically something similar to Pygame, but much more focused on OpenGL, and has absolutely no binary dependencies. It uses ctypes to access the media for each OS directly, replacing SDL and other libraries not commonly found on systems.

Cool stuff.
http://pyglet.org/