Re: [pygame] [BUG] pygame 1.8.1 beta 2 movie module plays MPEG file's sound, but not video

The way that enumerated hardware is stored in the
registry differs between Windows 95/98/ME and Windows
2000/XP. I think that we could write a hundred lines
of code that would determine what the primary display
adapter is and set SDL_VIDEODRIVER to windib if that
display adapter is known to be incompatible with the
directx driver. If this problem isn't solved before
the release of pygame 1.8.1, I won't be upset, but I
do think that the movie module's documentation should
be updated with a short description of this known
issue.

Thanks,
Jason

--- René Dudfield <renesd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> hi,
>
> Nicholas added some unittests for the movie module.
>
> There were a few bugs with it that I fixed... to do
> with making sure
> video was initialised before using.
>
> cu.
>

> On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 3:14 PM, René Dudfield
> <renesd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > doesn't exist on the xp machine I looked at... has
> an ati card.
> >

> > On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 2:21 PM, Lenard Lindstrom
> <len-l@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> Is this key portable?

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Class\Display\0000\INFO