Re: [pygame] [BUG] pygame 1.8.1 beta 2 movie module plays MPEG file's sound, but not video

hey,

it looks like it's failing on the mac as well with on screen rendering.

Rendering to an off screen surface works ok.

So I think that's probably the way to work around it.  Render to an
off screen buffer, and it'll work on more computers.

I'm pretty sure it's got something to do with surface locking...

I'll update the documentation to recommend the way to use it... and we
can lodge a bug with SMPEG.

We have a plan to use ffmpeg for the movie module in pygame 1.9.  So I
guess the workaround is ok in the mean time.

On the subject 'changing the driver detection code'...

I think it's probably ok as is, since it's just this movie module that
doesn't work at the moment... and losing directx speed for other stuff
is probably more important.