[pygame] PyGame and Pango question.

Hi,

I'm developing a visualization programme for a small embedded Linux
system (kernel 2.4.32, x86 based, framebuffer driver only (no X11)).

I've recently discovered pygame (version 1.8.0) by means of the Python
newsgroup. I've dived some into it and it seems to be what I need!
Unfortunately, I've got a problem, namely I need complex script support
like pango offers it, esp. Arabic and Hebrew. I've found some example
code here
(http://www.koders.com/python/fidB4D9DEF44D7751924ABDFCC3A6581A48DB7EF77
D.aspx?s=game#L4), but I'm not sure how to make this example run. Which
modules will I need? It looks like pyGTK and pycairo ... but the `import
pangocairo' statement is confusing me here since I can't locate a
pypango or pypangocairo binding using google.

Additionally, I feel that rendering and copying 2 times (if I understand
it right) isn't going to be extremely fast, where speed seems to be a
big advantage with pygame. So is there going to be native pango (or
comparable) text rendering for pygame on the roadmap? If not, can you
give me some hints to which python libraries/modules I have to install?
I've not used cairo or gtk very much yet, and only with C++.

Regards,
Thomas.