Re: [pygame] 100% CPU FAQ

Pygame using more CPU resources could be completely expected because it uses software rendering while Pyglet/rabbyt would be using openGL (i.e. hardware)

Also, because pygame basically requires you to write your own main loop (although it provides facilities to help), it's fairly easy to write loops that use more cpu than others.

In my experience, I use OpenGL with pygame and have my own little dynamic framerate thing and get nice low CPU usages most of the time.