[pygame] Animating sprites with pygame

Hi everyone, I was hoping that someone could point me to some tutorials for animating sprites in pygame. I did some googling, and most of the methods I read about seem to either not extend well or act more like a band-aid solution.Â
For example, in my case I have several sprite frames in different directions that I would want to associate with the direction of travel of the sprite (walking right, walking left, etc).Â
I was thinking of creating a separate "Animation" class to keep track and execute the animation, but I want to see if there is a better or more streamlined way of going about this.

Thanks!