Re: [pygame] What's next for Pygame project?

cases.
ââI expect much of the code that defines extension classes will be rewritten. Pygame extensions to SDL, such as custom blitters, may be salvaged.
âMuch of the work will be writing code to support the new SDL 2.0 features.

ââ
âThere's also the problem of Texture vs Surfaces.â

For future code to be backwards compatible we can default to Texture.
But if the user needs pixel access he will need to create a Texture and Surface.

The 3 options are summarized: https://wiki.libsdl.org/MigrationGuide#Video

â> I'm pretty sure it should be possible to make a version of pygame that runs existing pygame code while exposing new features to new code - allowing people to exploit much of their existing knowledge.Â

andâ