Re: [pygame] having problem with font objects in pgs4a ports to android

On Sun, Jul 26, 2015 at 2:50 AM tom arnall <kloro2006@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thanks again for yr help. I'm very interested in pygame_sdl2 and it
seems to me that porting my game project to it would be fairly simple
and worth the effort as well for future projects. But I shudder at the
delay to my project which I suspect wd be required to create and
master a new packaging environment. And all of it to get some simple
text on the screen.

The packaging code should be similar - the pygame_sdl2 android stuff uses a newer version of the original pgs4a code. The Android packaging should be the same, except for some newer library versions.
Is it simply the case that pgs4a does not support
font rendering?

The answer is, "I don't know." Font rendering worked when it was first released, so I think it Âshould probably work. But at the same time, I'd rather put effort into what I think the future should be, rather than the past.