[pygame] Re: Help? Alpha changes (regressions?) in 1.9.3 vs 1.9.2?

Ok, so it seems this is not a regression in the API. However on windows it is a performance regression, as the directx backend isn't the default anymore, and that provided much faster hardware accelerated blits for things like color keys.

So, no more help needed right away thank you :)

But I agree with Ian and Gumm that it's not a nice understandable API. And I think Gumm will propose an enhancement sometime later.

cheers,