[pygame] problems with sound

Andrew Richard Jones writes:
 > Hi,
 > I just got the lastest pygame-1.1 installed on my redhat 7.1 platform.
 >
 > When testing my pygame setup with solarwolf it all works fine except for the
 > sound  which is delayed for aprox.  1 second.

I'm sorry I don't have much to offer... I'm running the new pygame 1.1
and I don't experience any sound lag myself. I'm running Debian, with
no KDE or Gnome. Does the lag happen with SDL programs (written in C)?
You could try downloading something like Chromium BSU - it has a lot
of sound effects, and we could narrow down whether it's a pygame or
SDL thing...

http://www.reptilelabour.com/software/chromium/

Alternatively, try shutting down the kde sound daemon (aRts) and
running Solarwolf. Sound daemons are nice, since they let several
applications play sound simultaneously, but they can introduce
latency.

Good luck!

--
David Clark