[pygame] pygame-vcs & mcop/SIG_PIPE error

James Mazer writes:
 > Hi -
 >
 > I just installed the latest version of pygame from CVS and got
 > a new and surprising new error message in pygame.init():
 >
 > mcop warning: user defined signal handler found for SIG_PIPE, overriding

Generally speaking, this indicates a conflict between SDL's audio
system, and some sound daemon running on your machine.  Look for artsd
or whatever the kde sound daemon is called, and try disabling it.

I'm not a big fan of sound daemons, anyway - the extra latency is fine
for general apps, but hurts games more than it helps.