Re: [pygame] pygame-vcs & mcop/SIG_PIPE error

James Mazer wrote:
> I just installed the latest version of pygame from CVS and got
> a new and surprising new error message in pygame.init():
>
> mcop warning: user defined signal handler found for SIG_PIPE, overriding
>
> This is on a redhat 7.1 intel linux box.  The application was
> running fine until I foolishly decided to upgrade the libs :-)

strange, well this hasn't really changed in pygame for several versions, so
it's interesting that only now you see this message. my guess is that your
new SDL is built with sound deamon support?

pygame adds signal handlers for a few of the more common crashing signals.
this way pygame can cleanly shutdown sound/graphics/input when the program
is abnormally stopped. these are the same signals that SDL's parachute
catches, so you will likely see this same error on most SDL games?

anyways, this only seems like some sort of warning, that the MCOP system is
overriding the pygame signal handler with its own. SDL is likely hooking
into the shared audio daemon when this happens this you see the warning.