Re: [pygame] pygame-vcs & mcop/SIG_PIPE error

James Mazer wrote:
> The problem seems to be that mcop directory gets owned by root,
> but the real user id is non-root and that confuses libarts.
> When I compiled a version of SDL with --disable-audio
> the problem went away.  Luckily I'm not using any of pygame's
> audio functions.  Oddly enough, --disable-arts generated link
> errors when pygame loaded.  Any idea what's the recommended way
> to force SDL to use raw or oss for sound access??

you can control sdl's audio driver with SDL_AUDIODRIVER, i believe
valid options are alsa, arts, dma, or esd on linux..

actually, i just ventured into the pygame code, and at one point
i've disabled the SIGPIPE hook. pygame is doing nothing with the
SIGPIPE handler at this point. pygame also disables the regular SDL
parachute (which handles SIGPIPE), so i'm not sure why you would be
getting conflicting SIGPIPE problems.

also, just for testing perhaps, you could simply run with the "disk"
audio driver, try something like this..

export SDL_AUDIODRIVER=disk
export SDL_DISKAUDIOFILE=/dev/null

that should keep sdl's sound from conflicting with anything?