Re: [pygame] mpeg is always on top

Hi

Am 17.06.2004 16:43:46 schrieb Pete Shinners:

> SDL and SMPEG use the video overlay planes to make video playback
> faster. As you've discovered, this also means the video plays on top of
> everything on the screen.

If I understood the principle of overlay right, than overlay means
always "on-top", not only in SDL or SMPEG. Or is that wrong?
But if I put the window with the movie to background, than the movie
shouldn't use overlay anymore. At least this is the way of all players I
know.
Well maybe its possible to do that by hand with events, but then I must
be able to switch overlay

> You have to options if you want to render it directly into your window.
> The most popular choice is to Movie.set_display() into some offscreen
> surface. Then you blit that surface to the screen evertime you render a
> frame. Not amazingly efficient, but works well for just about everyone.

Well that would be a solution, but not a good one I think. In german I
would call it a "Würgaround".

> I've also noticed you could set SDL_VIDEO_YUV_HWACCEL to 0 before
> opening the Movie. Although this may cause little graphic glitches as
> your program and Movie contend for the screen at the same time.

And how do I get this variable? Pygame doesn't export it, does it?

thx & cu boesi
                                                     #1671 : icq-intern
<THammY-> und meine hände ham bisher immer       #73628288 : icq-extern
nur das gemacht was ich will </THammY>            boesi111 : aim
                                                      i171 : reallife