Re: [pygame] mpeg is always on top

On Jun 17, 2004, at 2:48 PM, Alexander 'boesi' Bösecke wrote:

Am 17.06.2004 16:43:46 schrieb Pete Shinners:
You have to options if you want to render it directly into your window.
The most popular choice is to Movie.set_display() into some offscreen
surface. Then you blit that surface to the screen evertime you render a
frame. Not amazingly efficient, but works well for just about everyone.
Well that would be a solution, but not a good one I think. In german I
would call it a "Würgaround".
Unsurprisingly, in English, we call it a workaround :) That said, I did this particular workaround about two years ago (because I actually had to get the movie into an OpenGL texture) and it worked just fine,

I've also noticed you could set SDL_VIDEO_YUV_HWACCEL to 0 before
opening the Movie. Although this may cause little graphic glitches as
your program and Movie contend for the screen at the same time.
And how do I get this variable? Pygame doesn't export it, does it?
It's an environment variable. os.environ['SDL_VIDEO_YUV_HWACCEL'] = '0' before you pygame.init() should probably do the trick. You might be able to toggle it later on or more than once, I haven't looked at the relevant SDL code.

-bob