Re: [pygame] GIMP-like image enhancement?

> Hmmm, are you implying that PIL isn't as optimized as these things?  I've
> been wondering about that, for the amount of code that PIL has for
> filtering is negligible, and at a cursory glance it sure appears
> unoptimized...
>
> Normally I don't give a damn about execution speed, but image filtering
> seems like an obvious bottleneck judging from how long it takes GIMP to
> clothify.
>
> -Jasper

Why not fudge it?

Make a tileable clothe-like pattern with some alpha, and apply it (alpha
blend) over your map to generate the clothe look? Why shoot for ultra-realism
anyway? ( Gimp clothify ain't that good ). Just make a cloth 'brush' and
apply that to your image. Heck, you could generate a sample texture in gimp
using clothify, and make the brush from that.

-Daniel

--

The Meek shall inherit the Earth,
for the Brave are among the Stars!