Re: [pygame] Pygame and .png?

Jasper Phillips wrote:
Ok.  It struck me as odd that load/save weren't symetrical, but I can see
there's little incentive for you to add more save filetypes when they're so
easily available elsewhere (although it would be nice to use just pygame).
The problem is with SDL_image. It only has image loaders. SDL has a builtin function to save BMP, and I've added code directly into Pygame for TGA. JPG and PNG would be great, but it requires adding a dependency directly into Pygame, which I usually try to stay away from.

There is talk on the SDL mailing list occasionally about adding save support to SDL_image. If that happens I'll support it immediately. SDL_image already links to libpng and libjpeg, that would be a great place to get it done.