Re: [pygame] Gui

On, Tue Jun 28, 2005, Simon Wittber wrote:

> > It certainly wouldn't make Twisted obsolete, it would only make the
> > syntax more convenient.
>
> Yes I would agree, I guess I meant to imply that perhaps callback
> style frameworks will need to adapt or fade away.

Why that? I currently do not see any big benefit of the coroutines.
They seem to be pretty interesting for chaining and async operations,
but how could those be connected to user interfaces?

Current user interfaces mostly work this way:

hid sends event ->
    event queue gets event and distributes it ->
        widget receives hid event internally and calls handlers OR
        sends an acknowledgement event, which causes connected handlers
        to be run

How a user interface implementing this PEP generators would do that? Any
idea or (pseudo-)example?

Regards
Marcus