[pygame] My prototype - need help with sockets

I finally have some usable code. I want to start a sourceforge project
but I doubt I have enough original content to warrant it. Anybody have
a place where I can host my code? Awardspace won't let me. *pout*

Yes I know it is VERY poorly commented...

I am in the middle of doing the whole unpassable tiles thing, but what
I really need is a little help implementing sockets. I want to be able
to have my program send messages to another program about the player
position. Eventually I want to get a server-client thing going.

When I tried to implement sockets in my program it didn't work. Does
my socket have to be defined globally? Isn't that messy?