Re: [pygame] GP2X Game Comp

Richard Jones wrote:
On Tuesday 13 June 2006 18:05, Rene Dudfield wrote:
ooh. Nice one. I think Pete has one of those phones too.

It's not a phone. It's not even a PDA. It's an "Internet Tablet". Read: not quite as useful as a phone or PDA ;)

To increase it's usefulness (at the expense of breaking a lot of the packages currently built for it), try installing the beta of the 2006 OS. It's got a lot better, in built contacts application etc. As well as inbuilt GTalk VOIP
ps. if there's any nokia specific things you want included in
pygame... let me know! I've added a couple of gp2x specific things in
for pygame (just keys at this point). However I hope to get control
for a few other parts in there too eventually. Like hardware scaling
etc.

At the moment I've just installed the .deb that someone created for running Python on the 770. That includes pygame, numeric, pygame 1.6, pygtk and pyhildon.

Richard
The GP2X is dual core 200 mhz chips, I think the 770 is only a single core, though I could be wrong on that. I'm working on a couple of little games that will run on both devices, it's good fun to work with something that you can carry around with you.
--
TomW