Re: [pygame] GP2X Game Comp

Bob Ippolito wrote:

On Jun 13, 2006, at 1:22 AM, Richard Jones wrote:

On Tuesday 13 June 2006 18:05, Rene Dudfield wrote:
ooh. Nice one. I think Pete has one of those phones too.

It's not a phone. It's not even a PDA. It's an "Internet Tablet". Read: not
quite as useful as a phone or PDA ;)

Blogging about the machinations to get it to the "import pygame" point would help the rest of us lazy folk who may have stumbled upon a similar device :)

Have you figured out how to get cross-compilation going from a faster linux box with a decent amount of RAM and storage?

-bob

I got cross compilation running, but ran into problems with the scratchbox and using the python libraries, they wouldn't install properly. Might have another look at that with the release of the new OS.

For the 'import pygame' stage, there's a .deb floating around that has all the pygame support and things inbuilt (It might even be the official maemo release).
Try the maemo wiki/irc channels at maemo.org, they are friendly people.
--
TomW