Re: [pygame] GP2X Game Comp

On Tuesday 13 June 2006 03:19, Mikael Moutakis wrote:
> 2006/6/13, Simon Wittber <simonwittber@xxxxxxxxx>:
> > FYI: http://gametunnel.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=1147

Thanks for this!

> > The GP2X is a handheld game device which runs Linux, and can run
> > python and pygame.
>
> Sounds really cool! What performance can you get with the device?

Measured poorly, I get around 20fps, but that's with not really trying
for a good frame rate. (Numbers based on bouncing a few sprites round the
screen, and not doing anything particularly intelligent)

Things like quake for example run at an acceptable frame rate. (But then the
CPU speed of the GP2X is similar to the desktop CPU I had when quake was
released, so maybe that's not surprising).

Video playback is pretty acceptable too.

Michael.