Re: [pygame] pygame slow on linux (ubuntu)

The Intel onboard video chip is often called "The Graphics DEcelerator".  My home workstation runs Windows not because I like Windows, but because the graphics chip simply has NO drivers for Linux that I could find after an extensive search :P
No, matter, though.

As far as optimization is concerned, I found the Metanet Tutorials to be a source of inspiration, which lead me to optimize my main loop and collision to the point where my game runs well even on my garbage workstation :D  Still need to check it out on something with cojones.